People are ignoring your estate agency adverts and marketing
… because people ignore all adverts
You ignore adverts, you ignore banner adverts on the internet, you ignore TV ads, you ignore flyers that come through your door, you ignore the 80% of emails that come into your email inbox
And people are ignoring your estate and lettings agency adverts
You are wasting your money
That’s not your fault .. the world has changed
.. but there are no excuses from this point on, because there is a solution
Did you know Red Bull (worth £8.7 billion dollars) has built its marketing almost solely on this solution
This workable marketing solution is called ….. content marketing
The Definition of Content Marketing .. “ a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of interesting, valuable, relevant, and consistent content (such as written articles, videos, blogs, podcasts and social media posts) that is designed to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
- Interesting … interesting to the reader – not you as an agent. So telling people how many offices you have or what you have sold or your knowledge of s8 vs s21 notices is not interesting to the general public
- Valuable … If you stopped producing it – would people miss it?
- Relevant … Relevant to reader – Telling people you have sold 25 houses this month is not relevant to a house seller
- Consistent .. you have to drip drip drip this stuff .. it takes time to turn attention into engagement and even longer to turn engagement into trust (and people do business with people they trust
- Clearly defined audience .. homeowners and landlords in your town
- Profitable customer action .. that’s why you are in business
But will estate and lettings agents, stuck in their ways, muster the desired courage and develop the strategic know how to find out more about content marketing before its too late?
Why not spend a few hours over your lunch break / weekend and find out for yourself and google “Content Marketing” .
I will get you started …you might find these videos and resources of interest
- What is Content Marketing? https://youtu.be/WQmvJVKOWXM
- What is Content Marketing [detailed 41 mins] https://youtu.be/dBnpr3pkFlk
- How Redbull are a $8.7bn company because of Content Marketing [4mins] https://youtu.be/TvXAwYUVbZ0
- What Redbull Could Teach Letting & Estate Agents About Marketing https://youtu.be/VPU2AlinakM
Only content marketing has a proven approach to transform estate and lettings agency marketing and messages into something valued by real people, something that will attract attention and engagement, instead of generating loathing, something that will actually work for estate / letting agency brands across all media platforms.
If you would like some real-life examples of good content marketing approaches by UK estate and lettings agents just like you .. drop me a note using your preferred method
- Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/in/christopherwatkin
- Twitter @lettingschris
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- YouTube http://www.youtube.com/c/ChristopherWatkinGrantham
- Blog http://how-to-grow-your-lettings-agency.blogspot.co.uk
Author: Christopher Watkin
I teach, guide, support, mentor, consult, counsel, partner many hundreds of UK Estate and Letting Agents in their quest to grow their estate and lettings agencies business.
Old school techniques of touting, landlords wanted leaflets, ring us for a free valuation, we have sold this in your street leaflets don't work anymore. There are too many competitor agents .. meaning cheap fees are epidemic, overvaluing is almost a norm to get the stock and don’t even mention about the online/hybrid threat.
So a few years ago, I set about looking around the UK and spotted that certain agents (not many mind you) in certain towns were still seen as the ‘go to person on property’, the person the newspaper editor rang up every week for a comment and I looked at what they did and they were doing some thing quite remarkable…. Only one thing but they were doing it so well .. and reaping the reward in terms of decent listings and decent fees, happy staff, decent sales pipeline and exchange income, managed lettings portfolios in the many hundreds .. but more importantly, they really enjoyed the job… they enjoyed getting up in the morning and people looked up to them
Over 400 agents around the UK are on a mission to change the way our Estate and Lettings agency profession is perceived and looked upon, doing it town by town, city by city. I guide these 400 agents, teach them, mentor them and support them to be seen in a different light, to be seen as the ‘go to person for property’, actually be the ‘local property expert’ and prove it.
07950 147 572